If your property has been damaged or you have been injured and, in your opinion, the occurrence was due to negligence on the part of the City of Newcastle, a Claim for Damages form is required to be completed for the City to determine its level of responsibility to the claimant. 

A Claim Form can be obtained in person at City Hall, 12835 Newcastle Way, Suite 200 or by contacting Sarah Jacobs, Human Resources Manager/Risk Management Officer at 425.649.4143 x 114.

The Claim for Damages form must be typed or legibly completed in ink, signed and filed with the Risk Management Office at City of Newcastle.  Submit any available documents or evidence supporting your claim, such as photographs, invoices, receipts, proof of ownership, etc.  If more space is needed, please attach a separate sheet to claim.

Claims adjusters representing its insurance carrier usually conduct investigations into Claims for Damages.  You may be contacted by either Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) or Evergreen Adjustment Services depending on the type of claim. 

Submittal of a Claim for Damages does not guarantee payment by the City or its insurance carriers.  An investigation by a Claims Adjuster will be made into the incident to determine if the City has any liability as determined by applicable laws.  If it is determined that the City has a responsibility to you, the amount of the claim payment is based on the level of City liability, the level of your liability (if any) and the depreciated value (not replacement value) of the property damaged.

Please contact Sarah Jacobs at 425.649.4143 x 114 if you have any questions in regards to the claims process.

City of Newcastle | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2020 Intrado Corporation.