Newcastle Police and Newcastle Public Works are concerned about the safety of residents and visitors, so we respond to concerns about traffic problems as quickly as possible. Newcastle Police investigate violations such as speeding, running stop signs, and school zone violations.

To report traffic violations complete a request for traffic enforcement form and email it to the Newcastle Police to have an officer look into the complaint. You can also contact police Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., by calling 425-649-4444, ext. 120, or by calling the police non-emergency number, 206-296-3311. Please be as specific as possible about the days, times and and type of violation.

Abandoned and Suspicious Vehicles

If the vehicle in question has been parked on the public right of way for a period of 24 hours or longer, and you have not reported it previously, please call the King County Sheriff's Office Abandoned Vehicle Hotline at (206) 205-0969 to make a formal complaint. The service is available 24 hours a day. When you call the hotline, a recorded message asks for location, description (color and make), license number and approximately how long the vehicle has been there.

If the vehicle is blocking the travel portion of the roadway, is improperly located on your property, is suspicious in any way, appears to have been vandalized or stolen, or was originally reported as abandoned more than 20 days ago, call the police non-emergency dispatch at (206) 296-3311. You may also report an abandoned vehicle by sending an email to the Newcastle Police.

© 2016 City of Newcastle | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive